Rural Dynamics’ Montana Economic Opportunity program is an AmeriCorps VISTA Intermediary that handles the administration of the AmeriCorps VISTA members located in Host Sites across Montana.
The ideal Host Site for our program is a nonprofit or government agency that has a project to build organizational capacity and address the challenges of living in poverty in rural Montana.
Hosting a VISTA involves:
- Engaging community members in strategic planning processes;
- Leveraging resources to assist community problem solving;
- Expanding financial literacy and economic resources to assist with grassroots anti-poverty work;
- Supporting community volunteerism;
- Creating research opportunities for staff and community members; and
- Participating in a national movement to alleviate poverty.
Are you ready to Host a MEO VISTA? Let’s find out.
Does your organization address ways to move people out of poverty?
Keep in mind, the proposed VISTA project should be addressing a community need, not an organizational need.
Does your project address one or more of the following general focus areas?
Low-income: Currently serving or maximizing existing programs to begin or better serve low-income populations in rural communities?
Veterans & Military: Improve or develop new services to veterans, active military members and their families.
Tribal Communities: Enhance or implement new services to tribal nations and Native American communities.
Other specific focus areas include: financial literacy, workforce development, affordable housing, food security, veteran services, homelessness, and Native American initiatives.
To learn more about becoming a Host Site download the documents below:
For more information, please contact Jordyn Rogers, Deputy Director at email@example.com or by calling (406) 403-8154.