The Montana Economic Opportunity program is an intermediary that handles the administration of the AmeriCorps VISTA members located in Host Sites across Montana.
The ideal Host Site for our program is a nonprofit or government agency that has a project to build organizational capacity and address the challenges of living in poverty in rural Montana.
Hosting a VISTA involves:
- Engaging community members in strategic planning processes;
- Leveraging resources to assist community problem solving;
- Expanding financial literacy and economic resources to assist with grassroots anti-poverty work;
- Supporting community volunteerism;
- Creating research opportunities for staff and community members; and
- Participating in a national movement to alleviate poverty.
To learn more about becoming a MEO Host Site download the documents below:
- RDI MEO Frequently Asked Questions
- MEO Host Site Readiness Assessment
- MEO VISTA Overview of Core Principles
- Learn more about AmeriCorps
For more information, please contact Jordyn Rogers, AmeriCorps VISTA MEO Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (406) 403-8154.
Featured MEO Host Sites