Join the MEO program where AmeriCorps VISTA members are serving communities in Montana while building their career experience. This is a national service opportunity to spend one year making a difference in the United States. Whether you serve in your hometown or travel to Montana from across the country, our projects provide a unique chance to improve your life and the lives of others.
MEO AmeriCorps VISTA members must be 18 years of age or older; U.S. citizens, nationals or lawful permanent residents; hold a Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or higher; be independent, self-starters; and have a passion for national service!
All VISTA members are enrolled in the AmeriCorps National Service initiative. As members, they receive the following benefits of joining the MEO program:
- An annual living allowance of $11,848;
- An education award of $5,815 upon successful (or) a cash award of $1,500 upon successful completion of service;
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE): AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program where you can earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process.
- Health care benefits;
- Loan deferment or forbearance while enrolled as a VISTA;
- Child care (if needed criteria are met)
- Relocation Travel Allowance based on mileage, up to $1,000.00.
- Settling-In Allowance if relocating from over 50 miles away;
- Professional training opportunities and citizenship development.
To apply to become an MEO AmeriCorps VISTA, please visit the AmeriCorps Vista website.
For more information about the MEO program, please contact Jordyn Rogers, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (406) 403-8154.